Monday, February 18, 2013

Jour 307 Blog #2: iPad

The iPad has been an extremely useful device, especially this day and age. It truly brings everything to your finger tips.
Photo from thesucky.com

Laptops were seen as a the way to get all your information on the go. Then the iPad came along and made it even more portable.

It has been helpful for students, as it has allowed them to lighten their load of text books.

Schools have also had programs in place that enable students to receive iPads, that is how I ended up with mine, through a scholarship set up by Apple and the University of Arizona.

The University of California, Irvine implemented the iPad into its medical studies program by moving all of the curriculum over.

In an article posted in NBC News they talk about the effect the new program has had on its students.

To see the article click here.

They saw an increase in test scores, but also saw an increase in tuition. UCI was not the first school in California to jump aboard the learning capabilities of the iPad.

However, it was one of the first to move its curriculum to it.

There is definitely a benefit to using the iPad to help out college students and I'm on board with it, even though there are somethings that it can't replace for me.

I will never use my pad to read a book, I'm the forever sucker and like actually holding a real book (hard or soft cover) in my hands.

I would hope that it would make text books cheaper, but I'm sure that is a pipe dream, since text books are the ultimate scam. (That is a different subject for a different day)

Anyways make sure to keep an eye out for new posts and don't forget to subscribe to my blog, so you are on top of all my updates.

Also feel free to comment on what you like or don't like or if you have any questions.

Thanks and play well,
                                   MYLO






No comments:

Post a Comment