Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Second Hand Blog Introduction

Mylo Erickson
Hello I'm Mylo Erickson and I'm an avid fan of board games. My obsession has only come to fruition in the past few years so I'm still learning a lot about them.

My wife tends to shake her head whenever I geek out about something. As of this day she shook her head at how excited I am about Shark Week and my excitement that "Jaws" is now out on Blu-ray.

I am also truly excited that I will get a chance to see "Jaws" in the theater, as it will be shown on August 23 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. at the Century Theaters in town.

Anyways back to what I was originally talking about, board games. as a kid I mostly played card games as that what my family would play whenever they got together. Obviously I did play some classic board games like "Monopoly," "Clue," "Mouse Trap" and "Hungry, Hungry Hippos."


After becoming a true gamer nerd by joining a Role Playing Gamer group, whom I still play with today. We like to play different RPGs like "Dungeons and Dragons," "World of Darkness," "Shadowrun," the "Deadlands" series and "Pathfinder."

In this group I was also introduced to the more in depth and strategic board games that were out there, with that my obsession was started.

Now I am a current employee at Game Daze the Tucson Mall location. Game Daze is a local Arizona company that has only two stores in Tucson, the bulk of the company is in Phoenix. Its hard working there because I'm extremely tempted to spend my whole paycheck as soon as I get it.

Game Daze offers thousands of games to choose from in numerous genres, it also offers puzzles and toys. If you'd like to check out more visit the Game Daze website.

This marks my first post on this blog as I created it to talk about board games that I aquire through second hand means, hence the blog title. Board games will be the main focus of this blog, although if something else strikes my fancy I will talk about it.

Will Erickson
Also my brother Will Erickson who is an avid video gamer may post some of his personal reviews of video games that he plays. You can also check out his "Let's Play" on YouTube.

I will try and post on this blog a least once a week, depending on what goes on in my life I might post more or depending on what my brother will be posting as well.

Well to close out this blog post I hope that you will enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it, if you have suggestions, ideas or tips for me please feel free to post a comment.

Thanks and play well,
                                  MYLO



1 comment: