Monday, April 29, 2013

JOUR 307 Blog #5: ThingLink

ThingLink mobile is getting ready to launch next month for the iPhone and iPad.

It has already intrigued journalists, as the Washington Post tried the app out over the weekend at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.

ThingLink allows people to link other items such as videos, other photos, information links or just add caption to a photo and people can see the links right on the photo.

It allows people to have more interaction with the photo that they are viewing.

Journalists have found it useful for giving its viewers more information instead of just viewing a photo. Journalists also want people to be more interactive with the news that is put in front of them on a daily basis.



ThinkLink is a tool that will help.

However, this is not a 100 percent new application as it has been available on desktop computers for awhile.

This app definitely grabs my attention and I would be interested in giving it a try just to see the effect it would have on views.

To see the full article about the mobile app being used by the Washington Post click here, or the link above.

To see photos using ThingLink click here or the couple links above, since I don't have any photos available to show you what it looks like.

Please post any comments or questions and I will reply to you as soon as I can.

Also be sure to check out my brother's "Let's Play" page on YouTube to watch and hear him play games like "Portal," "Minecraft," "Chrono Trigger" and others. I will probably be making an appearance with him as I will have more free time this summer.

Finally keep tabs on this blog as I will get back to posting about board games and also keep checking my YouTube channel to see new videos that I will be posting.

Thanks and play well,
                                   MYLO

No comments:

Post a Comment